Michael, Darcy and Lily

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas




Michael and I had a wonderful Christmas this year! It was our second time celebrating Christmas away from home. I admit I got a little homesick, I missed my parents, siblings, the beautiful mountains and snow. I think a lot of people get homesick around Christmas time.
Here are the highlights of our Christmas celebration.
Christmas Eve:
I still needed to finish sewing a few presents on Christmas eve. So I spent the morning and early afternoon sewing while Michael made delicious Christmas treats and took care of Lily.



In the evening Michael, Lily and I made a gingerbread house. I had attempted to make one earlier in the week but I couldn't get the walls to stay up.:( I'm blaming it on the frosting. Anyways, I found a gingerbread house kit at HEB and bought it because Christmas just isn't complete without a gingerbread house. Lily enjoyed eating the candy off of the gingerbread house. She was really really really excited about the candy!









Then we read the Christmas story from the bible and sang carols. After that we let Lily open one present, her Christmas pj's. I made pajamas for me and Michael too.






After we put Lily to bed I got the brilliant idea of setting up our blow up bed downstairs. It ended up not being a very good idea. We put too much air into it so it was really uncomfortable. After we got the bed set up Michael and I read the "Best Christmas Pageant Ever" and then we watched shows on hulu until we feel asleep.
Right as I was falling asleep I got a call from my sister Erin and she told me that my niece Bronwen had been flown to the children's hospital in Sacramento because they just found out that she has diabetes. She is only 5 years old! Then at about 6 in the morning my dad called to let me know that he had just talked with Ariel and that Bronwen would be okay.(Those of you that know Ariel should check her fb page for more information.)
So after a very eventful night we were ready to open presents. We made the mistake of leaving Lily alone with the presents for a few minutes. By the time we got there she had already opened 4 presents! She really enjoys unwrapping presents:) Lily got the Lion King, Bambi, a baby doll that came with a crib, Dora toys, stickers, books etc. She loved all of her presents.
















Michael, got a Brazilian cd and book, pj's, blanket, Dominion etc.



Michael got me the Our Best Bites cook book and the book war and peace. I'm really excited to read it! I also got some dvd's, box of chocolates, and etc. As a family we got the Harry Potter collection! We also got tickets to Les Mis! We are both really excited to go see it in May.



After we opened our presents we got ready for church and talked with my parents on skype. I really enjoyed going to church on Christmas. It really helped me remember the true meaning of Christmas. Lily cried and called out her friends names as we were leaving church. She was really disappointed that she didn't get to go to nursery. After church we visited with Michael's family. We had a wonderful Christmas dinner. Michael made a delicious ham and I made a delicious salad.
Post Christmas
On Monday we went down to San Antonio to see the lights on the river walk. It was so beautiful. We met up with our friends Ashley and Spencer while we were there. They are moving away to Louisiana. We are really sad that they are moving away because they have been such great friends. But we are also excited for them and the new chapter in life that they will be starting. We will miss you Ashley and Spencer.
All in all we had a wonderful Christmas. It was so fun having Michael home for a few days and being able to spend time together as a family. We hope that all of you had a wonderful Christmas too!


2 comments:

  1. Miyah got a lot of the same things Lily did for Christmas. :) And she was also very sad she couldn't go to nursery. Glad you had a good Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got Dominion too and have been playing it none stop! Such a fun game!

    ReplyDelete